A Narrowboat holiday is a unique rural retreat. You may never have experienced anything like it but please don’t be alarmed if you’ve never been in charge of a boat before. Canal boats are not difficult to operate.
It is our job to ensure you feel safe and confident on the water, and return feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, with a bunch of great stories to tell your family and friends
So leave the worrying to us – we will provide all the training you need to get underway on your first afternoon, teaching you how to navigate locks and operate the boat, so that you can enjoy your holiday afloat with complete peace of mind.
You can read more about our training for novices here.
Follow our five steps to begin your Narrowboat Adventure…
1. Plan our route and see what to do on your holiday.
2. Choose your dates and book online.
3. We will email you the boat manual to read before your holiday. See our tutorial links to help prepare, and see a list of what’s Inside the boat and what you should bring.
4. Arrive at the boat at the agreed time on your first day, where we will get you settled in and show you where to park your car.
5. Join us on board for your induction. We will explain the safety equipment, show you how the boat works, how to navigate the waterways and operate locks and bridges. We will talk you through the boat manual and help you practice your maneouvers at the tiller, as well as discussing your chosen route with you.
6. Finally, when you are confident, we will hop off the narrowboat as you cruise on to enjoy your Narrowboat holiday with each other, on our beautiful waterways.
(And if you need help or advice at any point in your holiday, we are just a phone call away!)