Have a look at just some the things you can explore in Cambridge.
Take a look at just some of the amazing things you can do in Cambridgeshire, whilst cruising on your boat!
– Moor up just below Jesus Green Lock
– Lunch or Dinner at Restaurant 22
– Drink at the Waterman pub
– Check what’s on in Cambridge
– Go Punting
– Visit one of the many museums
– Visit the Universities – perhaps join at walking tour
– Drink at the Cambridge Blue pub
– Vegan or interested? – Try Stem and Glory restaurant
– Have an exploring wander of the city
To Get to Ely – It’s approximately 5 hours form Cambridge towards Denver Sluice – see book.
– Moor up at Clayhithe moorings just up from the Bridge pub
– Explore Cow Hollow Wood
– Eat at the Bridge Pub
– Listen to the bats by the bridge with the bat detector onboard
– If not going to Ely or Cambridge by boat, catch the train here
– Walk to Horningsea, eat The Crown and Punchbowl or Plough and Fleece
To get to Fen Ditton – It’s Between Cambridge centre (1 1/2 hours) and Baits Bite lock
Upware / Wicken (Fen)
– Moor up at the exciting 5 Miles From Anywhere Upware pub, or opposite when busy and get the ferry across or kayak
– Walk ,Kayak or take the ferry to Wicken Fen
– Visit the Kingfisher Bridge Project
To get the Upware – Follow the map in the book, it’s between Cambridge and Ely.
To get to Burwell- Head towards the 5 Miles From Anywhere Upware pub. Through the lock at Upware (next to the pub). Travel 35 mins towards Reach and Burwell, where the river forks, turn left. 45 mins from there you will reach the end of navigation, turn the boat (just enough room), putting the nose of the boat to the right and bringing the rear round, mooring up at the E.A moorings.
– Enjoy the beautiful peace and quiet of this secluded mooring
– Dinner at the Dykes End pub
– Walk around Reach wood
– Go foraging
– Walk to Swaffham Prior – Red Lion Pub
– Walk the Devils Dyke
– Visit Prospects Trust Farm
– Buy flour at Fosters Mill, Swaffham Prior
To get to Reach – Head towards the 5 Miles From Anywhere Upware pub. Through the lock at Upware (next to the pub). Travel 35 mins towards Reach and Burwell, where the river forks, turn right. 40 mins from there you will reach the end of navigation, turn the boat (just enough room), putting the nose of the boat to the left and bringing the rear round, then back a little way down the smaller stream and moor at the GOBA moorings.
Simply click on the button below to hire Alouette today
Choose between our stunning narrowboat and our brand new cruiser style boat.
Choose your date and numbers of visitors and book your slot today.
Enjoy an unforgettable experience and do not hesitate to ask Tim any questions.